Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Monday

My dad's wife, Karolyn, is a teacher at Zion Lutheran School in Nampa and she gets today, "Easter Monday", off. Liz was just a teensy bit jealous when she heard about that!
We have enjoyed the very best of Easter. We've hunted eggs and colored eggs. We've dressed in newish Spring outfits for church. Emily even wore the same dress Liz did a mere twelve years ago. Kurt made some outstanding cinnamon rolls and then a pork roast dinner. We have all eaten too much candy.
We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday, the very high point for at least Elizabeth and me was the lesson given by our YW President. She did a FABULOUS job, outlining not only who Jesus Christ is exactly, but also why we need Him and how his Atonement is there to make such a difference in our lives. It was wonderful!
You may have aleady seen this YouTube clip, but I'm inclined to share it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc
Easter isn't Easter anymore without remembering my mom, and that it was on Easter Sunday 1998 (also April 12th) that she died. Thank goodness we celebrate Easter for the very reason we can be comforted in knowing that she is not lost, but that we will have her again one day. I can testify with assurity that who she is still exists and that she is well. In a small effort to put some purpose to her untimely death, we've said she was needed to run the Lord's Animal Shelter. No doubt He has a purpose for each of us and we each have a mission to fulfill.

One of the hymns we sang in Church is entitled 'Christ the Lord Is Risen Today'. The words to the third verse are these:
Lives again our glorious King,
Where, O death, is now thy sting?
Once he died our souls to save,
Where thy victory, O grave?
YAY!!!
We wish you all the best this Easter season!

1 comment:

Verlee said...

Oh, I forgot this was THE anniversary of your mom's accident. I know we'd talked about it earlier. I hope you felt peace and an extra closeness towards her on that day. I know she was in my thoughts, as always on Easter, along with the others who have passed on. It is a wonderful thing, to KNOW they live on. The kids were talking about Konu...I will have to mention maybe your mom is looking after him. ;)