Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thoughts on Thanks

We've enjoyed a lovely weekend celebrating Thanksgiving. Kurt's family gathered and ate and played and shopped and ate some more. We've stayed up late and gotten up early (for Black Friday, of course!). The boys got to see BSU *squeek* by Fresno Saturday, Kurt from the schmancy sky box even! (he was working as one of the EMT's)

At dinner Thursday everyone shared five of the things they are most thankful for. Grandma had challenged us to make lists and we were prepared! I find it easier to think of things when I consider what my life would be like without something. Makes it easy to get specific (think: lightbulbs and toothbrushes).

Of course family was in everyone's top five, as was the Atonement and the Gospel. Warm homes, reliable vehicles and good jobs also topped our lists. Our eyes went blurry when Grandma expressed her gratitude for Grandpa. Yes, this certainly might have been our first Thanksgiving without him. But by the grace of God...

The kids were thankful for good food and I added appreciation for kids big enough to do dishes. I'm also so grateful for epidurals and having a stamp when I need it. Oh the little things!

We are transitioning now into December and planning a decorating party tomorrow night for FHE. We've already had some carols coming from the piano and CD players. Love that Voice Male!

Happy memories have been made this weekend. What a wonderful time of the year!

No comments: